Wednesday, May 27, 2015

Me-dating

Talking with a client for psychological testing on an annulment case, I somehow had an idea how it came to this.  As he was from out-of-town, I  was awaiting my plane ticket as arranged by his friend.

Question 1: Why was he paying for my fare? Answer- he could fly to Manila instead.

Question 2: Why am I staying overnight in a hotel? Fine, he can undergo the rigorous testing the whole day, so I will just fly in early morning and leave in the evening.

Question 3: Why would he be paying for his wife's testing?To be fair to both parties and if she is around and willing to be tested, that would make for a stronger case. But usually, only one party offers to be tested, in which case we send a letter to the other party for due notice and invitation. In lieu of testing the other party, we interview persons who knew the couple to get a total picture. If he wishes, we could ask his wife to shoulder her testing fee. Whew!

Truly beyond mediation! Hopefully, testing ensues next week.

No comments:

Post a Comment